The S. W. Dairy Show incorporating the National Guernsey Show was held at the Royal Bath & West Showground, Shepton Mallet on Wednesday October 5th. Six Exhibitors had 23 cattle forward for Judge Meurig James to inspect. Returning to the show after an absence of 3 years, were the Warren Family from Penzance and this proved to be an excellent day for their Tredinney Herd. Champion cow was Tredinney Conqueror’s Excellence 11, Reserve was Tredinney Aaron’s Flo and Hon Mention was Tredinney Double L Bunty 9.
Their first place Pair also went on to be Reserve Champion Interbreed Pair, standing second to the Brown Swiss.
The team also went on to win the Peter Down Trophy for the most points in the Guernsey Classes and this was presented by Neil Sales.
Here are the results in full.
Cow or Heifer in calf. Sponsored by Cornish Mutual.
- Warren. Tredinney Andante Chrissie.
- Hinton Farms. Hinton Nancy by Novak.
Prize presented by Stuart Gale and Amanda Brewer of Cornish Mutual.
Heifer in calf. Sponsored by Chew Moos Ice Cream.
- Warren. Tredinney Prince Milkmaid 15.
- B & S Adams. Wiltown Patience by Alstar VIP.
- Caroline Moody. Latifa Andante Mary.
- Hinton Farm. Hinton Sandra 8 by Aber Jupiter.
- Greenslade. Greensfield Lady Dante by Andante.
Nicola Parfitt from Chew Moos Ice Cream presenting the 1st prize to James Warren.
First and Second Prize winners.
Heifer in Milk. Sponsored by UK Service Sires.
- Nicola Bottom. Trewarnevas Thorn Linnette by T. Thorn.
- Warren. Tredinney Ivan Eclipse by Iris Ivan.
- Nicola Bottom. Blacknor Cracker Dynamic Lavender.
- Warren. Tredinney Candyman Mo 2.
- B & S Adams. Wiltown Annabelle.
- D & C Gribble. Aber Jupiter Duchess 17.
First prize presented to Nicola Bottom by Catherine Babbage and Liz Harvey from UK Sires.
First and Second Prize winners.
Junior Cow in Milk having calved twice. Sponsored by Cogent.
- Warren. Tredinney Conquerors Excellence 11.
- Caroline Moody. Latifa Princess Leia by Andante.
- Hinton Farms. Hinton Holly 13 by Novak.
- Hinton Farms. Hinton Oenone 5 by Novak.
- Greenslade. Greensfield Irish Studley.
Mike Phillips from Cogent presents first prize to James Warren.
First, Second and Third prize winners.
Intermediate Cow in Milk having calved 3 times. Sponsored by CMC Feeds.
- Warren. Tredinney Aarons Flo 6.
- Warren. Tredinney Double L Bunty.
- Nicola Bottom. Trewernevas Zena 7 by Amir.
- Greenslade. Blacknor Cracker Iceberg Diana.
Mark Gully presents the prize on behalf of CMC Feeds.
1st, 2nd, 3rd and fourth prize in Intermediate class.
Senior cow having calved four time or more. Sponsored by Bribblesford Lodge Farm Shop.
- Hinton Farms. Hinton Elsie 21 by Hinton Aspen.
EGCS President Colin Gleed, presents the prize to Digby Gribble on behalf of Briddlesford Farm.
Pair of Animals. Sponsored by QMP.
- Hinton Farms.
- Nicola Bottom.
Andrew Payling of QMP presents the prize to the winning Pair.
Later on in the day, the EGCS Stand and Chew Moos Ice Cream, were honoured to have a visit from HRH, Sophie, The Countess of Wessex , who chatted to James Warren and Caroline Cox. She then sampled some of the delicious Ice Cream made from the milk of the Greylands Herd owned by the Parfitt Family.
James and Caroline chat to the Countess.
Nicola Parfitt helps the Countess to choose a flavour.
Congratulations to Dennis, Rosemary, James and Shelly Warren and their staff, for an excellent day in the show ring and to all the other Exhibitors and their helpers for making the second National Show a success. A big thank you to our stewards, Colin Gleed and Lesley Durbin for their continued efforts during the day and to James and Catherine for providing the hospitality for the Sponsors and Guests. Thank you too, to Caroline and Philip Cox for manning the newly revamped EGCS Stand.