This years Royal Cornwall Show was held on June 5th to 7th at Wadebridge. Four exhibitors had 10 cattle forward for Judge Richard Emm to place. Notable absentees were the Warren Family from Penzance, who had once again fell foul of TB movement restrictions. This meant there were only two animals in milk present. Exhibitors keeping the flag flying were, The Addington Fund, Brian and Sheila Adams, Chris and Louise Carpenter and Sir Howard Guinness, whose cattle were prepared by Laura Sales.
Champion of the day was Chris and Louise Carpenters, Trevider Hercules Linnette, a six year old cow who had been Breed Champion at last years Devon County Show. In reserve was Hamps Valley Annabelle 7th, last years Addington Fund Heifer now owned by Pam Coryn.
Champion Guernsey, Trevider Hercules Linnette.
Reserve Breed Champion, Hamps Valley Annabelle 7.
Exhibitor Bred Champion was White Ladies Ruby 94 with White Ladies Marius Graceful 10 in reserve both from Sir Howard Guinness.
Here are the results in full:
Maiden Heifer under 12 months.
1. Guinness. White Ladies Marius Graceful 10 by Andante.
2. Carpenter. Fairfield Conqueror Grace.
Heifer Under 2 years.
1. Guinness. White Ladies Ruby 94 by Andante.
2. Guinness. White Ladies Marius Graceful 9 by Andante.
3. Carpenter. Fairfield Eric’s Lily.
4. Addington. Trewey Plum Crazy by Ezekiel.
Heifer in Calf.
1. Adams. Trewey Prince Poopy 26.
2. Adams. Trewey Andante Jackie 52.
Heifer in Milk.
1. Coryn. Hamps Valley Annabelle 7 by Ghengis.
Cow in Milk.
1. Carpenter. Trevider Hercules Linnette.
Group of Three.
1. Sir Howard Guinness.
EGCS President John Berry, Chats to Sophie, Countess of Wessex, at the Royal Cornwall Show.
Many thanks to all exhibitors and helpers for their attendance at the show.
Write a comment