This years National Livestock Event held at the NEC, Birmingham, saw 7 Exhibitors with 17 animals forward. Judging was Mr James Warren from Cornwall and he found his Champion Guernsey in Briddlesford Laredo’s Bluebell, a 95 point fourth calver bred by the Griffin Family and now owned expertly prepared by Daf and Helen Cox and Colin and Hilary Evans of Carmarthen. She was repeating her recent success at the Royal Bath & West Show and back to back wins at Birmingham.
Reserve Champion went to Blacknor Cracker Iceberg Diana. She was bred by Ian and David Crouch and is now in the capable hands of The Greenslade family and was prepared by daughter Emma at the show.
Exhibitor bred champion was Hinton Holly 13th from James Bartlett and Junior Champion was Hinton Nancy from the same stable with the Maiden heifer from the Norman and Sales Partnership, Avalon Pinto Fiona, in reserve.
In the Interbreed Classes, Bluebell was awarded Hon Mention in the Supreme Championship and the Society Group of four was also placed Hon Mention in their class. This group consisted of the first three placed junior cows and the Champion cow. Many congratulations to all Exhibitors and their hard working helpers for making this years Livestock event such a success for the Guernsey Breed.
Here are the results in full:
- Norman & Sales. Avalon Pinto Fiona.
- B & S Adams. Wiltown Nancy by Hinton Assassin.
- A & R Thomas. Kimcote Astronomers Mayqueen 3.
- B & S Adams. Hinton Rebecca by Hinton Assassin.
- A & R Thomas. Kimcote Legend Geranium 4.
In Calf Heifer.
- A & R Thomas. Kimcote Royal Oak June 2.
- B & S Adams. Wiltown Patience by Alstar VIP.
- Greenslade. Greensfield Andante Francine.
Heifer in Milk.
- J Bartlett. Hinton Nancy by Novak.
- B & S Adams. Wiltown Annabelle by Andante.
Cow in Milk having had 2 or 3 calves.
- Greenslade. Blacknor Cracker Iceberg Diana by G. Stinky Iceberg
- Norman & Sales. Bourton Fiona 13 by Double L
- J. Bartlett. Hinton Holly 13 by Novak.
- N & S Phillips. Hamps Valley Annabelle 7 by Ghengis.
Cow in Milk having 4 or more calves.
- Cox & Evans. Briddlesford Laredo’s Bluebell.
- J Bartlett. Hinton Elsie 21st by Hinton Aspen.
- Greenslade. Greensfield Lady May by G. May King.
Exhibitor Bred Pair.
- J. Bartlett.
- B & S Adams.
- A & R Thomas.
Editors note of interest: There were three sets of mothers and daughters present at the show. Hamps Valley Annabelle 7 and her daughter, Wiltown Annabelle, Hinton Nancy and Wiltown Nancy and Bourton Fiona 13 and her offspring Avalon Pinto Fiona.